Preapproval of Transfer Credit

    Fill in the below information to submit a request for preapproval of transfer credit.
    Are you a Nursing student?
    Are you a Nursing student?
    Information about the course you want to take at another institution
    Note: If accepted, the course listed on this form will transfer to Rockhurst University only if the grade received is a “C-” or above for lower division courses or a “C” or above for an upper division course required for the major.

    However, certain programs may have different minimum grade expectations from transfer credit.  See your advisor or department to confirm those requirements.
    Note: Before a Rockhurst degree may be awarded, official transcripts from ALL institutions attended must be received by the Registrar’s Office. It is the student’s responsibility to request an official transcript be sent to the Rockhurst Registrar’s Office at the completion of their course.
    KCASE Program
    The Kansas City Area Student Exchange Program (KCASE) is a standing exchange agreement between Rockhurst University and other regional institutions. Participating institutions are: Avila University, Kansas City Art Institute, and Kansas City Metropolitan Community Colleges. Rockhurst also has an independent agreement with William Jewell College. Full-time undergraduate students (enrolled in at least 12 semester hours) at one participating institution may take one additional course per semester at another participating institution without paying additional tuition. Please note that the host institution may prohibit KCASE enrollments in certain course types (online courses may not be permitted, etc.) Students pay full-time tuition to their home institution; the tuition at the host institution is waived. The student will owe the host institution only such fees that may be associated with the course itself (such as lab, technology, specialized course fees, etc.). Students participating in the KCASE program are responsible for all additional fees charged by the host institution.

    For Rockhurst University students, courses taken at another institution through the KCASE program must be applicable to their degree program. Taking courses through the KCASE program does not violate the final 30-hour residency rule. Rockhurst students must first obtain advisor approval in order to take courses at another KCASE institution. Grade requirements for courses taken through the KCASE program are the same as for transfer courses; the student must earn at least a “C-“. Students should have an official transcript sent to the Rockhurst University Registrar’s Office, where acceptable credit will be posted on the student’s permanent record as transfer credit. Only full-time undergraduate students may take courses under an exchange program. If an exchange course puts the student over the 18-hour full-time limit, there is no charge for the additional hours. This program is not available during the summer sessions.
    Note: For institutional accreditation reasons, we require all official transcripts to be submitted upon completion of the course, regardless of the grade received. It is the student’s responsibility to request an official transcript be sent to the Rockhurst Registrar’s Office.
    NRCCUA Helzberg Pixel Tracking CodeNRCCUA Health Care Management Pixel Tracking CodeNRCCUA Data Science Pixel Tracking CodeNRCCUA MSBIA Pixel Tracking CodeNRCCUA MBA Pixel Tracking CodeNRCCUA MA in Management Pixel Tracking Code